Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A moment of your time, sir.


Now I am going to ask you a question
& I would appreciate a serious answer – or AN answer, @ least – because I really want to know:

What do you do w/ 20 years? I mean, what do you put inside it? Looking @ it from out here… What the hell is inside that thing?

Sure, I know, some people squeeze a lot more stuff into theirs. Some a great deal less. But it seems like I’ve simply forgotten. Or maybe I was looking the other way when all those years got fill dup w/… whatever.

I’m not complaining. I’m not trying to return or exchange anything, sir. No, I don’t want my money back, sir.

I’m just askin’.

I just wanna know eff you’d be so very kind as to maybe allow me to watch the tapes, sir.
To see what it was climbed in.
The blow by blow & the frame by frame, sir. Playback from the security cam.

Cos from the smell of it – judging by the stench of it – something has crawled into those years and died, sir.

Something rancid like a ghost.

2 comments:

  1. Sure, have at it. Watch all the tapes you want, if you can figure it out, more power to ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the egomaniacal stench of humanity. The torn and mutilated bits of creativity and caring that were left hanging by the sinew of the soul that never got to see the light of day. The rotting dreams of a better world drained of their life's blood; that's what you smell ma'am.

    ReplyDelete